2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 2:52 PM by JimHess

can't import images into lightroom cc using Mac

fatboy1906

everything I try to import images from card, I get message that says lightroom could not read image. The card reader is working because I can import images to other app like iPhoto.

• 1. Re: can't import images into lightroom cc using Mac
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

The most common problem for "cannot read" errors is that your destination folder needs WRITE permissions added to it.

In your LR Import dialog, verify that the destination folder is where you want it to be and correctly spelled.

Then, using Finder, go to that folder and make sure your username has both READ and WRITE access to that folder and its parent.

• 2. Re: can't import images into lightroom cc using Mac
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Apparently there have been some security measures added, particularly to the Mac operating system. The message you are seeing that says the image cannot be read really means that it cannot be written to the specified destination. You need to check your user permissions for the destination folder to make sure that you have both read and write permissions. If you aren't sure how to check that, then do a web search for "disk permissions {Mac or Windows}".

1 person found this helpful