9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2016 3:08 PM by ssprengel

No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?

mophoto

So I was having an issue when I was exporting a RAW image directly from lightroom into photoshop.. after lots of research it looks like the problem is the camera profiles.. I looked at the camera profiles in Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Camera Profiles/  and under /Camera/ and /AdobeStandard/  there are no camera profiles listed for the 5d Mark 3 ?   Why? Am I missing these profiles.. and if so, where can I download them. Im using Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC....

• 1. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?
          mophoto Level 1

I just figured it out.....   I manually downloaded the latest version of Camera Raw here; Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6  and now I have the camera profile for my 5d mark 3 etc... BUT OMG. I LITERALLY couldnt figure this out for a YEAR .. no joke...   So glad to have finally fixed the issue... but WHY wasnt this being updated automatically with lightroom and photoshop CC ?!  You dont even know how much time I wasted because of this problem...    Also - how do I know Camera Raw is going to update automatically in the future? It doesn't seem to be listed in the Creative Cloud application?

• 2. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Camera Raw plug-in comes as an update to Photoshop, Bridge and After Effects.  Any of those that you have installed via the CC app will show an update whenever a new version of ACR comes out that is compatible with your OS. 

Installing the newest DNG Converter is another way to get all the camera profiles if they’ve gone missing.

If wonder if you uninstalled an older PS like CS6 or CS5 and it deleted the camera profiles, thinking it was the only software to use them, not realizing that CC can be installed at the same time.

• 3. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?
              mophoto Level 1

I only have CC installed now. I may have had an older version on my computer at some point.. cant remember.  The weird thing is.. I have Photoshop CC installed... and I just updated it earlier today, and it said it was updating Camera Raw..     but it didnt? Or it didnt update the Camera Profiles?     So finally, I tried manually downloading the camera raw update and it updated all the Camera Profiles!   I want to make sure it updates PROPERLY in the future.... cant have this happen again... any idea? Maybe it will be ok now that its updated?

• 4. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?
                mophoto Level 1

Also - im having this issue with Creative Cloud      - it says Photoshop is installed.. but it lists lightroom as an app I dont have and lists the option to Install it... but I have Lightroom CC installed and having been using it for a long time.. why isnt it listed under installed apps?

• 5. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?

What shows in your CC App in the Apps tab under Latest Versions / Installed:

And under Find Additional Apps / Previous Version / LR - Install:

I have the full suite so have a few more apps, but if you have the $10/month Photography Plan then you should have at least Photoshop and Lightroom available.

And what version of the CC App do you have under CC / Gear / Preferences:

• 6. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?
                    mophoto Level 1

Looks like I am actually using Lightroom 5 instead of CC... *I feel stupid now* so I suppose I need to install the latest version... I thought I had? I guess not... so maybe thats the only issue.. See below for screenshots..    question: if I install lightroom CC, will all my photos and everything stay the same?

Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 8.24.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-26 at 8.23.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-26 at 8.22.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-26 at 8.23.15 PM.png

• 7. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?

The CC app is not giving you the choice to install LR CC.  LR 6/CC 2015 requires a 64-bit OS.  Do you have a 32-bit OS?  What is your OS?

Or is your subscription just for Photoshop @ $20/month rather than for LR + PS for $10/month?

What do you see under Help / System Info...

• 8. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?
                        mophoto Level 1

Hey! No I was able to download CC.... I downloaded/installed it so now everything is working fine.. I dont know why I didnt raelize I was still using Lightroom 5! I feel silly... Thank you so much for your help!

• 9. Re: No camera profile for my 5d mark 3?

Is LR CC running in trial mode or is it activated?