9 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2016 12:18 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Sketch ipad pro storage issues

anelftu

Sketch has filled up all storage space on my iPad pro. Deleting documents and projects does NOT free up any space at all. How can I get sketch to trash deleted sketches and their revision files which is what I think is hogging the space. iPAD! iOS.

• 1. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues
          floramc Adobe Community Professional

Hi!

deleted sketches disappear from your iPad and cannot occupy space. Hence I wonder if it really is Sketch that is filling your iPad that way. Have you been checking on settings>storage>manage storage how much space Sketch is effectively using?

I wonder if it is not the storage in your CC that you are talking about. I post a picture hoping to be clear

FullSizeRender.jpg

If  this is the storage that is full, then what you have to do is: log in to your CC storage on your desktop, take all the stuff that you want to remove and move it to the archive. Once in the archive, delete it. In that way you free your storage.

Let me know if this solves your problem!

• 2. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues
            anelftu Level 1

Mope, it is sketch on my iPad that got up to 108gb. And it did not delete any of those gb when I deleted sketches. After deleting the app and reinstalling it, it was down. At present sketch is using 2.9 gb for almost the same amount of sketches.

I am looking in storage settings for this info. Total used on the iPad is 7.4 gb, sketch is 2.0 of that.

When my iPad filled up, sketch was definitely doing something weird... And the weirdness was on the device, not in the cloud as far as I could tell.

Thankfully this has not recurred but I am checking my storage info periodically to see if and when it happens again so I will have a better idea of the circumstances.

Thanks, Barrie

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Barrie,

You're good now, right? The QE team is looking into why this may have happened. Don't know whether I mentioned in my emails to you, but one other person wrote the other day with the same problem.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues
                anelftu Level 1

Yes, for now I am good. I got an email about it this morning which I was responding too. I had posted on a forum board so maybe it was related to that as it seemed out of context from what we had discussed.

Always nice to know I am not alone with software gremlins. He he!

B

• 5. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues

Barrie,

Yep. It was your forum post. Just wanted to make sure you were still good.

Sue.

• 6. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues
                    anelftu Level 1

I posted that before I contacted you.

Sent from my iPhone

• 7. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues
                      bmoss1982

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Sketch is taking up 23gb on my iPad pro and when I delete sketches it doesn't free up any space.

I see you had to reinstall the app. Will I lose the drawings I am working on if I delete and reinstall?

• 8. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues
                        floramc Adobe Community Professional

To be safe, save your sketches on cc before you uninstall. That would help.

• 9. Re: Sketch ipad pro storage issues

BMoss,

Like Flora said, make sure your work is synced before you uninstall the app. You can do that by logging in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com (My Assets - Mobile Creations - Sketch) and making sure that all of your projects show up there. If they don't keep the app open over a wifi connection until they do. Then you're safe to uninstall and reinstall.

Let me know if you need anything.

Sue.