3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 12:51 PM by Chetna Srivastava

No Preview Available

georges36366834

I have recently gone from PC to an iMac and have LR 6.4 and am getting "preview unavailable" on the thumbnails in the Mac system. I thought the card might be corrupted but when I imported the photos into my PC, there were no problems. How can I get the import thumbnails to work on my Mac  version. I would like to see them to edit which photos I import.

I am also not seeing any JPEGs, only RAW files. Any solutions?

• 1. Re: No Preview Available
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi georges,

Could you please specify the make and model of the camera?

What if you copy a few images from the card to Mac hard drive using Finder and then, try to import in Lightroom?

Regards,

Chetna

• 2. Re: No Preview Available
            georges36366834 Level 1

Chetna,

Thank you for your reply. I have a Nikon D 90. I am reluctant to make the process more complicated, especially as my PC worked without these extra stages.

I may have solved the problem. I shut down the iMac and reopened it. The annoying Mac pictures program came up when I connected my Camera so I made sure the program was closed and then proceeded to download the photos. It worked as it should have.

I don't know which if any of these made the difference. I will try this manoeuvre again with my next batch of photos and can I contact you if I have problems?

Is there anything else you can suggest that I should try?

Thank you

George

• 3. Re: No Preview Available
              Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Thanks for the update.

If its working fine now, then the issue is resolved.

You do not have to try anything else. Restarting machine fixed it.