2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 2:23 PM by peterjralph

Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Photo Editor Won't Launch

peterjralph

I have just installed Adobe Premiere Elements 14 on a Windows 10 64-bit PC. I have added photos using the Organiser but I cannot get the Photo Editor to launch. When I select the Photo Editor a text balloon asks me to 'Try Photoshop Elements for free for 30 days' by either 'Install from DVD' or 'Download Trial' but I have already bought and installed by downloading and using a redemption code and serial number. I have rebooted my PC a couple of times to no avail.

In the Organiser I have tried selecting Photo Editor from the button at the bottom left of the screen but that just opens the Video Editor (which is also listed on the same button).

I have not yet tried to Uninstall and re-Install, is this my next option?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Photo Editor Won't Launch
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you actually buy Photoshop Elements (PSE) or just Premiere Elements.

If its the latter you can use PSE trial (need to download and install first)

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Photo Editor Won't Launch
            peterjralph Level 1

I only realised after I made my original posting that I had been sold the wrong product by the retailer. I asked for Photoshop Elements but was sold Premier Elements. I bought it with a new laptop & didn't realise, because all I got was an activation code. Partly my fault, I was just excited to get things going on the new laptop and try out my new photo package. You can't imagine how gutted I was after a few hours of trying to work out what was wrong and then realising I had been given the wrong software, and it would be more than a week before I could return to the shop to sort this out.

Thanks for your response.