2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 6:32 AM by Rick Gerard

rotate null object motion path

matthewj83987518

Hi all,

Ive created a null object motion path, nice

then ive duplicated this layer to create a identical path, which i now want to rotate 180 degrees, but rotating it only rotates the null object and not the path.

i could recreate the path but path is reasonably complex and i would like the motion to exactly mirror the original.

ultimatly i need four of these motions all identical but entering from the the four corners of my compostion

i am a noob and have searched and tried to find solution to no avail

any clues?

I am using AE cc on a mac

• 1. Re: rotate null object motion path
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Copy & paste the path to a mask on a dummy solid, rotate it using a mask transform operation, paste it back to the path. Just make sure the solid matches the comp size so the scale doesn't whack out.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: rotate null object motion path
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The way you move an entire motion path is to use parenting. For example, if you want to mirror a motion path on the X axis 'you would add a null to the comp and position it where you want the edge of the mirror to be, then you would parent the moving layer to the null and scale the null -100% in either Y or z, then you would release the parenting. The last step would be to reset the scale of the layer to 100% in both dimensions. If you wanted to rotate a path you would use rotation and follow the same steps.

You can also make the layer and the null 3D to change a motion path from X and Y to x and Z for example.