1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 10:57 AM by Szalam

After Effects CC 2015 freezes every time I try to add footage to my composition

alcampbel

Hi

I've tried everything and I just cannot find a solution to my problem. It's making my newly purchased AE CC totally useless as I can't even import footage.

I'm using an Intel (R) Core i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz 16.0GB 64-bit operating system with Windows 10.

No matter what format i bring my footage into After Effects as, when I attempt to add it to my composition the program freezes immediately and I'm forced every time to quit.

This is a serious problem and I'd appreciate it if you could assist me in remedying the problem.

Regards
      Alastair

• 1. Re: After Effects CC 2015 freezes every time I try to add footage to my composition
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

HOW are you trying to import? There are a NUMBER of ways to import files into AE.

Do you get any error messages of any kind?

Can you import JPEGs?

What exact version number of AE CC 2015 are you running?

What version of QuickTime do you have installed?

What happens if you try to import a Premiere Pro project using the Import Premiere Pro Sequence command?

I haven't had any issues importing any files into CC 2015 on Windows 10, so we need to try to figure out what's different on your system.