10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2016 9:10 AM by mikehels

4% progress freeze

mikehels

I didn't previously have problems with this but I have recently tried burning to disc and the software freezes every time at 4% progress into the burn. I upgraded my OS to Win10 a while ago and can't remember if this is a new issue since then or not

• 1. Re: 4% progress freeze
          sagar4209 Adobe Employee

Hi Mikehels,

You can try burning it with different disc.

If you still get the same issue then you can try burning ISO and then write it to the disc. If this works then there would be problem with the burner.

Do let us know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks,

Sagar Tandon

• 2. Re: 4% progress freeze
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you're freezing at 4%, you're probably not going to be able to burn an ISO file. This usually indicates either a resource issue or a problem with your source media.

Which version of Premiere Elements are you using?

What processor do you have and how much RAM?  How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

• 3. Re: 4% progress freeze
              mikehels Level 1

It's elements 13, up to date version

I have 230+Gb free on C, 800Gb on D and 1.5Tb on F, so plenty of space

i7 4790 processor

16Gb RAMM

camcorder ... it has worked before

dvd - have tried different media

I think as you suggest it could be a resource issue, but I don't know where to start.

I don't know if elements 13 has any compatibility issues with windows 10

I don't know when elements 14 came out, as I bought 13 in 2014 and have seen other posts talk about free upgrades when that has happened.

I haven't found a way to speak to a human from Adobe though, other than the live chat telling me they can't chat about my product

Any suggestions where to start?

• 4. Re: 4% progress freeze
                mikehels Level 1

Sagar

The ISO file also stuck at 4% ... and after three different blank media (2 of one type, one of another) haven't worked I don't think it's that. I haven't tried a blu ray yet but I don't want the project on blu ray. It should shrink to the right size for dvd.

Mike

• 5. Re: 4% progress freeze

Hmm. I've never heard of a camcorder called "it worked before."

• 6. Re: 4% progress freeze
                    mikehels Level 1

Canon Legria HFR16 - assumed it was irrelevant as it hasn't changed

• 7. Re: 4% progress freeze

Are you shooting in FXP mode? Did you use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip or Camcorder to get the video from the camcorder to your computer so that it came in as MTS video?

When you add your first clip to your timeline, do you see a yellow-orange render line above the clip at the top of the timeline?

RenderLine.jpg

• 8. Re: 4% progress freeze
                        mikehels Level 1

Yes, FXP

No there was some provided software that is used with the camcorder to download to the pc in AVCHD format

Below is image from finished project ... no orange line at the top no ...

film.jpg

• 9. Re: 4% progress freeze

Things like good on the screenshot you provided. I assume you've rendered the entire timeline and that there is either a green line or no line along the top of the timeline above all of your clips.

Have you got a stop marker at the end of your movie? You should not, and that can cause a export crash.

Also, are there any gaps in your timeline where there is no video? That too can cause problems.

And, just for surety's sake, have you ensured that any audio/music you've added is in the WAV format?

BTW, how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

• 10. Re: 4% progress freeze
                            mikehels Level 1

Thanks again for persevering ...

The whole thing is rendered. There is a green line where the clip is a still image/text only and no line the rest of the time.

I don't know how to add a stop marker so haven't done AFAIK

There are no gaps in video (except the start and finish)

I haven't added any other sound other than that with the video clips

I have loads of space on the drive where the project is stored - 863Gb free

I have just tried a completely separate project and this has worked perfectly. That was a very basic project of about 7 mins video and no disc menu, but it worked, which would suggest it isn't a software clash but rather something wrong with the project.

Unless there's anything obvious to check, I guess it's the video editing equivalent of the IT turn it off and on again approach, i.e. start again!