8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 2:00 PM by trshaner

Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem

chrisj78104948

Recently in the last couple of weeks Ive noticed that when I apply certain changes in the develop module they do not show in the library module, also when I export the file they are not present in any format JPG, TIFF etc,

First screen has my changes in develop mode, then in library and finally in export all three are different??? Whats going on??

Develop.pngLibrary.pngJPG Export.png

• 1. Re: Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem
          Michael J. Hoffman Adobe Community Professional

Hi Chris,

What at are the changes? You've highlighted an area in the third image, but all three images look pretty much the same to me.

PErhaps you you could zoom in to the area that is different so it's easier to see, and tell us what kinds of "certain changes" you've made to help us pinpoint the issue.

Mike

• 2. Re: Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem
            chrisj78104948 Level 1

Hi Mike

The changes in NR ive made are as below, this is really weird because all seemed okay until a recent update and since then have noticed it a great detail, it seems that whatever changes to detail, i.e sharpening or NR that are made dont display in libray view and are simply forgotten when exporting.

NR.png

• 3. Re: Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem
              trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The three posted images look virtually identical on my system. The Develop module image has slightly brighter stars, but that's because it uses a simpler nearest-neighbor algorithm to generate less than 1:1 view previews. Try viewing the image file at 1:1 view in the Develop and Library modules. If still different at 1:1 Zoom view try unchecking 'Use Graphics Processor' in LR Preferences:

• 4. Re: Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem
                chrisj78104948 Level 1

Hello again, its difficult to show on the images ive displayed as they are screenshots, the differenc on screen is astounding, if I zoom in 1:1 they look similar its when I export the image that really causes problems, whatever settings I apply in develop module seem to simply be forgotten and it looks like the display version instead, I seem to recall this happening in a much earlier version of Lightroom but thought this has been fixed.??

• 5. Re: Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem

chrisj78104948 wrote:

Hello again, its difficult to show on the images ive displayed as they are screenshots, the differenc on screen is astounding, if I zoom in 1:1 they look similar its when I export the image that really causes problems, whatever settings I apply in develop module seem to simply be forgotten and it looks like the display version instead, I seem to recall this happening in a much earlier version of Lightroom but thought this has been fixed.??

Please explain in more descriptive terms what the "astounding differences" are, such as noise in the sky area, color shifts, etc.

On my system the Export image stars looks slightly softer and the sky hue is slightly shifted compared to the Develop module view of the original file. That is all I see!

REASON

1) When using 'Resize to Fit' in the Export module you must also use 'Output Sharpening' (Screen Standard for viewing on a display). This is required to restore edge sharpening that is lost during the resizing process.

2) The LR Develop module working space is ProPhoto RGB, which has a larger color gamut than sRGB Color Space you selected in the Export module's 'File Settings' panel. With a standard gamut monitor you may see small color shifts like this in Export files and if using a wide-gamut monitor the shifts will be even larger.

(Click on image to see full-size)

Develop Export Difference.jpg

• 6. Re: Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem
                    Michael J. Hoffman Adobe Community Professional

chrisj78104948 wrote:

If I zoom in 1:1 they look similar its when I export the image that really causes problems, [...]

And this sounds exactly like the root cause of the problem.

Within Lightroom, Noise reduction is ONLY reliably visible at 1:1 size. If you've zoomed out, you won't see the results accurately. It sounds like you're getting this result, so I would say, "no issue."

Outside of Lightroom (for exported images) the only way to fairly compare one to the other would be to export a FULL SIZE image, in a lossless format like TIFF, or at JPG with 100% quality. Exports at a smaller size will not be exactly the same, due to interpolation, and images exported as JPG may vary somewhat depending on the quality level selected. More compression = loss of quality and more difference form the original.

Mike

• 7. Re: Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem
                      chrisj78104948 Level 1

This is not the issue, the colours are not the main problem the fact is that what you see in the develop module is not what is ouput in the file, regardless of what is selected, I have tried every conceivable way of doing this but to give you an Idea, this only started when Lightroom last updated.

A typical example is attached, this shows what myself and a lot of people are having problems with in various different versions of LR.

Ive embelleshed the settings to make it more obvious what im on about but left shows the view in Develop module and right is in Library module.

When exporting the file comes out more along the lines of develop module but not 100% representation of what you actually see on screen

Ruled out, colour space

Ruled out system specific - does the same on my laptop

So either what we are seeing in the Library module is incorrect to which point what is the point of it unless everyone wants to view their images at 1:1 (dont think thats going to be popular) or the settings are simply not being displayed properly, this has happened in various versions of the software and has subsequently been fixed with updates after the community have been made to feel like its their fault.

My point being not everyone wants to get as in depth as colour spaces and image ration viewing to edit a simple photo, there is no reason to complicate something that should be very straight forward.

NR+Sharpening.jpg

• 8. Re: Adobe CC Develop/Library/Export Problem

As