Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics print upside down

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2006 Apr 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New Robo User here, though I struggle to see how that could be the problem in this case

Running RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2 (build 801)

I have a series of topics with tables containing text instructions and screenshots of software steps.

When I print from the compiled view in a browser or from the Preview window all is normal.

However, if make the document view active on the right hand pane (WYSIWYG) and click the printer icon labeled "Print Active Pane" then all the text is normal, but any graphics are upside down and backwards. They are read better from the backside of the paper. Quite curious.

I cannot begin to fathom the usefulness of this so assume it must be a bug. Has anyone else ever come across this?

Thanks,

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 07, 2006 Apr 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don - welcome to our community and the world of RoboHelp!

Although I've never experienced it myself (been using RoboHelp since 1992 and now train it) I've seen reports of this off and on for years. If I recall correctly, the answer may be as simple as upgrading or changing your printer driver.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2006 Apr 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is the usual solution. The simple test of the cause is to print to a different model printer if you can.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2006 Apr 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Rick and Peter. I printed the same document in the same manner to a different printer and it looked normal. The issue is indeed specific to the print driver for this HP 4350 device. I can investigate that internally. And thanks again for the prompt and accurate responses.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All!

I had this problem a few months ago, and now it's back again. Seems to me that last time we fixed it with the "change the driver" business, but it's not working now. Yes, I can print to another printer okay, but that's kind of avoiding the issue, isn't it?

Anything else?

Thanks,
Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, again,

by the way, the problematic printer is an HP Laser Jet 4250 PCL 6, if that's any help.

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Lonno

Yes it is avoiding the issue. The issue is that the printer driver simply ain't doing its job. What else can you do with that problem other than avoid it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp