3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 12:06 AM by bronwyn-lewis

Transfer from Premiere Clip to Premiere Pro compresses footage?

somartin

Hi, when I transfer my Premiere Clip project to Premiere Pro CC, it seems that the video quality is compressed. How can I get the original footage quality when I export my projects?

• 1. Re: Transfer from Premiere Clip to Premiere Pro compresses footage?
          petergaraway Adobe Employee

Hi Martin,

There should be no degradation to the media file when exporting a project from Clip to Premiere Pro. If you compare the original media file on your device to the file synced to your desktop it should maintain the exact file size, profile and bit rate. You can look at this info yourself with an app like MediaInfo.

Would be great if you can send a screen shot of how the original file looks and what you see in Premiere Pro. Can you also include what version of Clip, OS and Premiere Pro you have? Lastly what device created the file.

Hope we can get this resolved for you.

Thanks,

Peter Garaway 

• 2. Re: Transfer from Premiere Clip to Premiere Pro compresses footage?
            somartin Level 1

Thank you Peter. I first fell in love with Premiere clip and that prompted me to download Premiere Pro.

As it was my first time, I did not realize I was viewing the footage in a lower resolution setting in Premier Pro. I changed it to full resolution and everything is fine now.

Thank you again and all the best!

Martin Galabov

Creative Director

Virgin Megastore Middle East

V Star Multimedia LLC | 30th Floor, Media One Tower, Dubai Media City | POBox 22700 | Dubai, UAE

Tel: +971 (4) 4359324 | Fax: +971 (4) 4307274 | www.virginmegastore.ae

• 3. Re: Transfer from Premiere Clip to Premiere Pro compresses footage?
              bronwyn-lewis Adobe Employee

Hi Martin,

It is so great to hear that you are enjoying Premiere Clip and that it inspired you to try Premiere Pro. Please let us know what you think of the apps and the workflow!

Best,

Bronwyn