• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is the Timer.currentCount implemented in AIR on a Mac.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a timer (delay=2000,repeat=0) which should run forever, but it stops after about 25 days.

A 32 bit signed integer incrementing every 100ms will overflow in day 24, hour 20 so I am suspecting that this will be the problem (somehow). 

I see that the currentCount of the timer increments every 2 seconds, so I am wondering if currentCount is implemented as a time in milliseconds divided by the delay and when it overflows the timer stops.

Can anyone confirm this in the run time, or offer a better explanation?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is problem with getTimer() function that returns int value and it overflow after 24 days: Bug#4067214 - Applications are being operated only for 23 days 20 hours 32 minutes 9seconds

I also have this problem with Windows devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I have now run a timer for 23 days, and have the value of the count when the timer stops.

It is 17126872 for a 100 ms timer.

I had a number of timers going at the same time with different delays and they all stopped at the same time, implying that the critical value is somewhere between 1712687200 and 1712687299.

Any further insight will be appreciated.

In the mean time I'm resetting the counter before it gets there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe, any news about this issue?

There is no updates on bug tracker: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines