2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 5:00 AM by HCR Graphics

Interface Bug: can't manually enter values

Dave Read Work Level 1

To start with I'm using the latest update of Indesign and Photoshop CC. Software is running on El Capitan 10.11.1 on a 27inch i5 iMac with plenty of ram.

The problem I'm having - which has continued for the past few updates - is that in adobe indesign I can no longer manually enter in values in the top bar of the interface. For example I type some text in a text frame, normally I can adjust the size of the text manually by going to the top menu bar and entering a value in the font size field. I can no longer do this. The font size number is greyed out. The only option I have is to use the drop down menu and choose a size from that, or use the arrow keys to increase the size. It's not just the font size either, the leading, tracking and kerning have the same issue. The problem seems to be isolated to the top bar in the interface, because if I use the sidebar Character options panel I can manually input the size I want.

This problem also caries through into Photoshop. I can no longer simply double click a layer to rename that layer, the layer name remains selected, but greyed out. I now have to quadruple click a layer before the layer name becomes editable.

It's a strange problem, but an annoying one as it slows down productivity significantly.

I recently replaced/trashed the preferences to see if it would fix the problem, but unfortunately it did nothing.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?