3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 8:48 AM by Per Berntsen

Operations are not visible in the display window in the Develop module only in the Navigator window.

kativanhelden

1.I have a very strange problem with Lightroom 6.5 as well as earlier versions had problems occasionally (so unreliable, because I do not know what time it will happen again) If I Lightroom works after a while, the following occurs: in the big screen rendition applied operations are not visible, only the small Navigator window. In the middle of the screen is done NOTHING, if I continued working on the picture, done in the operating window and not the picture disappears, only a gray window remains over.Dan I switch to another view and then be visible again (but operations are not also shown this, only in the small Navigator window shows the applied edits) I have to restart your PC to get good, which sometimes does not happen on restart. The GPU function is turned off.

2.At this moment there is a new startup problem.

Lightroom starts only with colored boxes in The Grid view, no picture is visible

My System configuration : Windows 7, 64bit  Intel Core i7-3770k CPU 3.50GHz 16.0 GB RAM ATI RADEON 4800 serie

• 1. Re: Operations are not visible in the display window in the Develop module only in the Navigator window.
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

This could be caused by a defective monitor profile.

As a diagnostic too,l and possibly a temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB.

If this fixes the issue, you should calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

This will create a new profile that accurately describes your monitor.

Press the Windows key+R, enter colorcpl, and hit Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default profile.

color-management.png

• 2. Re: Operations are not visible in the display window in the Develop module only in the Navigator window.
            kativanhelden Level 1

Dear Per,

Thank you for your prompt reply, it has helped at this time.

The Color Management  Window in Windows 7 was empty, although recently my EIZO Color EdgeCG 241W monitor with the X-Rite i1Display Pro was calibrated and Windows after the calibration saved the created profile.
            Few days ago did not want to start up Adobe Photoshop CS6 because the Monitor profile was damaged. How is that possible? This so-called damaged profile is no longer recall.
            How can I prevent a damaged Monitor Profile?

Thanks for your reply, greetings, Kati

• 3. Re: Operations are not visible in the display window in the Develop module only in the Navigator window.
              Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

I don't know what causes monitor profiles to be damaged, but sometimes a Windows update can replace the profile with a manufacturer's profile, and they are surprisingly often bad out of the box, so to speak.This happens with Windows 10, but I've never seen it reported with Windows 7.

I have Windows 7 myself, and nothing bad has ever happened with my monitor profile.

So i can't tell you how to avoid damaged profiles, but you should calibrate regularly, and if you have the slightest suspicion that something is wrong, calibrate as soon as possible. Using sRGB is only a temporary fix.

A bad profile can manifest itself in different ways in LR - no image in Develop, like you experienced, different colors in Library and Develop, a brownish yellow cast on the histogram in Develop, and different colors in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Photoshop will sometimes tell you that the profile is damaged, but as far as I know, Lightroom will never do that.