3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 12:37 PM by annaw46249404

In Lightroom 5, choosing "Merge to Panorama in Photoshop" opens PS in wrong location

annaw46249404

Hello, I'm using Lightroom version 5.7.1 on an iMac running OS X (version 10.10[5]) and, until recently, if I chose Photo - Edit In it opened my Photoshop application on my boot drive.  Now though it defaults to trying to open the backup copy of Photoshop on my external backup drive, which is a clone of my iMac's hard drive, and if I have chosen "Merge to Panorama in Photoshop" (which I need to do fairly often) it freezes and gives the following error:

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 11.48.49.png

I can see from that that it is trying to open the cloned version of Photoshop (on Anna's iMac Backup/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6) but I can't find any way of editing this to get it to use the version on my boot drive again.  I'm sure there must be a file somewhere which is directing Lightroom to try to open Photoshop on the external drive, but I don't know which one it could be.

If I have already opened the version of Photoshop on my boot drive before trying to Merge to Panorama, it will use that one.  If I unmount the external drive containing the cloned version of Photoshop, I just get an error which says the files could not be edited because Photoshop CS6 could not be launched.

I have tried deleting the file [username]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file and then restarting Lightroom, but it hasn't helped.  I have also tried to change the External Editing preferences under Lightroom - Preferences: I can create an additional external editor and have that point to Photoshop on my boot drive, but this has no effect when trying to Merge to Panorama and I can't see any way of changing the settings for "Edit in Adobe Photoshop CS6" at the top of the box shown below:

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.41.01.png

If anyone has a solution to this I'd be really grateful.  Thanks in advance.

Anna

Message was edited by: Anna Walls