10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 8:40 AM by Szalam

Idea proposal submittal

adraude12

Whom at Adobe can I submit an idea of expanding AE to another level?

• 1. Re: Idea proposal submittal
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can submit your ideas directly to the AE team here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

And you can share it here with us so that others can file similar feature requests. The more requests they get for a certain feature, the higher up the priority list it goes.

So, what's your idea?

• 2. Re: Idea proposal submittal
            adraude12 Level 1

I would love to go into detail, but I would need an NDA form signed first? Are you the person that could take the idea to the proper channels to start developing it?

[personal information removed by moderator - Email signatures and personal information ]

• 3. Re: Idea proposal submittal
              adamneer Level 2

Hah! NDA, are you kidding me?  Adobe would be more than happy to hear your suggestions, but unless you are currently employed by them, they will most certainly not compensate you for them, nor will they sign anything limiting their abilities to implement any user-suggestions.

Szalam doesn't work for Adobe and the link he provided is the only way you can submit ideas to them without being an Adobe employee.  I suggest you look elsewhere if you have ideas you feel are in need of an NDA.  Disclosure is an absolute necessity if your idea has any chance of making it through Adobe's pipeline, as Szalam points out - "The more requests they get for a certain feature, the higher up the priority list it goes."

• 4. Re: Idea proposal submittal

adraude12 wrote:

I would love to go into detail, but I would need an NDA form signed first? Are you the person that could take the idea to the proper channels to start developing it?

Did you read my post? It really sounds like you didn't read my post! I gave you the best link to how to share your idea. Feature requests for AE go directly to the AE team. That being said, I do plan to be seeing some of the members of the After Effects team in person at the NAB Show this year. So, if you would like me to mention your suggestion to them, I could, but I fear you don't understand how this works. Me talking to them in person or emailing them about it has less impact than an officially filed feature request.

And as to the NDA, why would you care if other people know about your idea or not? As I said, the more people that know it and request that idea, the more likely it will be implemented. Are you afraid you're going to miss out on money? If you want money, you'll have to develop your idea on your own and sell it as a third-party extension to AE. After Effects has an amazing ecosystem of third-party developers. AEscripts.com is but one example.

adamneer is right. Adobe is not likely to pay you for your idea. However, they often license third-party things (like the Cycore effects, Mocha, etc.), so consider developing an awesome third-party...whatever it is you're thinking of and maybe it'll get picked up someday.

• 5. Re: Idea proposal submittal
                  adraude12 Level 1

I understand your post!

This is not a plug-in idea or a change to the existing software, it's completely different and specific to the live concert industry. If your interested I am open to input from a small group, but don't need the entire community knowing all the details yet!

I hope you understand!

[personal information removed by moderator - Email signatures and personal information]

• 6. Re: Idea proposal submittal

Oh, I understand now. You're right; doing something live would be very different to how After Effects currently works!

• 7. Re: Idea proposal submittal
                      adraude12 Level 1

This needs total development, but taking what AE does and using it another way! Any suggestions on how to get the ball rolling would help!

[personal information removed by moderator = Email signatures and personal information]

• 8. Re: Idea proposal submittal

If you're talking about some kind of live video effects/music visualization, there are many, many different options for this sort of thing already out there, so my suggestion would be to research as many currently available options as you can, determine what's missing in the currently available options, note their strengths and weaknesses, and develop an idea of what improvements you would like to see.

Adobe hasn't shown much interest in anything live or production-related - it's all post! So it may be better for you to go to one of the many other companies who make that kind of software with your ideas.

Also, are you replying to this by email? Because it seems your email signature keeps getting removed by moderators. If you've got your mailing address, phone number, or email address in your email signature, you really, really don't want any of those posted publicly on these forums!

• 9. Re: Idea proposal submittal
                          adraude12 Level 1

This is much more then a visualizer that DJ's use, way more complex!

• 10. Re: Idea proposal submittal

That sounds like a fun project.