11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 6:21 AM by trshaner

Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config

iKorum

I have latest version of LR and 3 monitor config. My first monitor is showing main screen and menus and the 2nd showing full size picture. I can't switch this screens. Is it possible?

• 1. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
          effeegee Level 2

Not sure of your operating system or the reference to 3 monitors.  In windows (7) set extended display across two monitors - click and drag the main screen to the second monitor and the displays swap monitor.   

• 2. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
            iKorum Level 1

Thanks fr reply. More clarification: I have 3 monitors but in LR works with 2 of them. But the question is how to switch position of monitor with Full Size Photo and Development Mode Screen.

• 3. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
              effeegee Level 2

Not sure that answers your question but you can have the 2nd monitor display all the Library modes - full image/loupe, compare,survey, grid and slideshow. Just combine the shift and G,E,C,N etc.  You cannot move develop mode from the main monitor.   

• 4. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
                iKorum Level 1

For example: 1 have Monitor 1, 2, 3. LR is working on Mon 1 and Mon 2. Mon 3 is not used for LR.

Mon 1 showing mail screen of LR (for example Development Mode)

Mon 2 showing preview (full image/loupe, compare,survey, grid and slideshow)

The task is to make Mon 1 showing preview and Mon 2 showing Development mode.

Sometimes it may me useful to move one screen from Mon1 or Mon2 to Mon3.

Is it possible or not?

And thank you for reply!

• 5. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
                  effeegee Level 2

No idea about 3 monitors I imagine it depends on your OS/Graphics controller etc. But in W7 with 'extended' display on two monitors control I can click and drag the 'Main' screen to the monitor B from A then monitor A displays the second/2 LR screen with the same limitations on screen A.  It's a pain so I don't do it often - keeping monitor B as display 2 in a colour calibrated mode and good viewing conditions is the important part to me - I get to see adjustments accurately as they happen.

• 6. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
                    iKorum Level 1

Effeegee! Thank you for your reply!

Hope to get updated version of LR sometimes with 3 monitor support or at least 2 with more convenient interface.

• 7. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
                      trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The issue you are experiencing may be due to the display connector order you have chosen (DVD, HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA) for each monitor. You don't mention what OS you are using, but this post may be helpful:

Re: Choose second display location 3 monitors?

Most monitors have multiple display connectors types. Can you move the display cable on monitor 3 to the display connector currently on monitor 1 or 2? For example if monitor 1 and 3 both have a DVI and HDMI connector simply swap their cable connections on the graphics card.

If you can't figure it out please provide 1) OS version, 2) Monitor models, and 3) graphic card model(s) you are using.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your OS is shutdown and the power switch is OFF before swapping any cables!

• 8. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
                        iKorum Level 1

Thank you for reply but it's not so useful. Switching cables is not user-friendly idea :)

• 9. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
                          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What I am suggesting (and suggested at the link provided) is a "permanent change" to your monitor cable connections–NOT swapping cables every time you use LR.

So if you want to use monitor 3 with LR you'll need to swap cable connections with either monitor 1 or 2.  Dependent on the cable connections provided on monitor 3 this may or may not be possible. If you can provide the three monitor model numbers and graphics adapter ports available on your system (DVI, HDMI, DIsplayPort, etc.) I'll provide some recommendations. I'll also need you to provide the specific graphics port connector type each of three monitors are currently plugged to.

• 10. Re: Switch between monitors in daulmonitor config
                            Vacuatus1

How to switch slide show when you have three monitors in Lightroom?

I have windows 10, NVideo 1080 graphics card and three monitors. Monitors are very specifically set up as follows

1 4K 40 inch Main

2 2k 29 inch rotated in Portrait mode

3 10 80 monitor in Landscape

Each has a different wire to the GPU

1 - Display port

2 - DVI

3- HDMI

Below is a screen capture. Everything is set perfectly as I want it. Problem is I want to run slide show in Monitor three as I get the best slide show for my 9X16 portraits (16:9 in portrait mode.) I have tried dragging the main window to each monitor with no luck. Always defaults to monitor two which is the worst.

I have activated 2nd monitor Icon (lower right hand corner) and minimized screen then dragged it to monitor 2 and resized. Slideshow still plays on 2.

NEED A WAY TO TELL LIGHTROOM WHICH MONITOR TO USE. BEST WAY WOULD BE TO PUT A THIRD AND FOURTH MONITOR ICON WHICH SHOWS UP IF YOU HAVE THREE OR 4MONITORS.

CMON ADOBE THIS CANT BE THAT HARD TO DO!!!

2016-07-04_20-16-48.png