2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2009 1:51 AM by andymont

Flex - could not resolve something?

andymont
      Hi, I'm new to flex and I'm trying to use the following code to display "Random Products"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application
      xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" >

<srv:••••••••• id="myService">
      <srv:RandomProducts_request_var>
      <srv:RandomProducts_request numberOfProducts="1"/>
      </srv:RandomProducts_request_var>
      </srv:#####>

<mx:Button id="myButton" label="Call operation" click="myService.RandomProducts_send()" />

</mx:Application>

but when I run the application I get an error message "Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id
      Could not resolve <srv:RandomProducts_request_var> to a component implementation."

Please can somebody help? It's driving me a bit mental.

Thanks,
      Andy
        • 1. Flex - could not resolve something?
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          You've defined namespace srv, so is the component RandomProducts_request_var located inside the com.montpellierdns folder? If its in a sub-folder of the montpellierdns folder, you need to specify a namespace specifically to that folder.

Also, com must be a direct sub-folder of the one compaining your app mxml file, and then montpellierdns a sub-folder within that.
          • 2. Re: Flex - could not resolve something?
            andymont Level 1
            Thanks Greg,

The weird thing is, there's no components involved, so it's a very confusing message.

com is definitely a direct sub-folder of the one containing my app mxml file, and montpellierdns is a sub-folder within that.

Sorry to be so vague, but as I said before I'm a newbie.