6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 3:02 AM by Cipisound

How to speed up 1:1 ?

Cipisound

I want to speed up 1:1 preview!

I use CPUID HWMonitor to see who is 100% working!

configuration:

-i7 6700 skylake - average usage value 65%

(temperature max 62 C/ 143 F)

-16 GB ram - average 5 GB used/11 GB free

-first SSD with windows 10 (64 bit) : 1-10 MB/sec

-second SSD with catalogs+scratch  : 15-25 MB/sec

-Nvidia Gforce GTX 750 Ti - 1% (yes one) but max was 64% maybe when I was opening this web page.

-1920x1080 monitor.

-Use Graphics procesor : Enabled

issue:

it took 4-5 seconds to make a preview of a single .NEF (36 megapixels Nikon D800) is too long! and when move from previews 2-3 seconds to load the 1:1 preview.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.5 [ 1067055 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 16336.4 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16336.4 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1553.3 MB (9.5%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1814.6 MB

Memory cache size: 2161.2 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 364.72

Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

• 1. Re: How to speed up 1:1 ?
          dj_paige Level 9

Turn off the Graphics Acceleration, which only helps on 4K and 5K monitors, and probably doesn't help and maybe makes things worse on a standard HD monitor like you have.

Next, let's have a clarification from you. When you want the increased speed, are you talking about importing, or Library module, or develop module, or something else?

• 2. Re: How to speed up 1:1 ?
            Cipisound Level 1

It's about creating the preview when importing.

So, when read from SDD and generate previews.

to complicate the problem : when moving from pic to pic (in Develope) another issue appear : it's take time for "crystal clearing" the image in full screen (after the 1:1 preview has finished)

so, both import and develope has lag

• 3. Re: How to speed up 1:1 ?
              dj_paige Level 9

Definitely turn off the graphics acceleration in Lightroom.

For creating previews at import, you could try creating smaller size previews which would take less time (but then you pay for this later on in your workflow when Lightroom has to do more work to show your photo).

Honestly, 4-5 seconds to create previews for a very large (36 MP) RAW image doesn't seem unreasonable to me, and other than creating smaller size previews (as described above), the only way you can speed this up is to get a faster CPU.

when moving from pic to pic (in Develope) another issue appear : it's take time for "crystal clearing" the image in full screen

I don't know what crystal cleaning means.

• 4. Re: How to speed up 1:1 ?
                Cipisound Level 1

crystal clear: in develope mode when I switch to another image ( after it was loaded 1:1) the preview is pixelated, after few second, or when I move to next is loaded completely/clear/full resolution/.

in some tutorials from adobe, I saw that lens correction is made at the begining. I decide to made it in the end, because it took too long to load more than 200 pictures. I mean previews.

I change my PC, last one was i3 now I have i7 skylake, and the tests from forums and from my own benchmarks, ar e like this: i3 200 points and skylake 880. But in real situation, lightroom is not 4x faster, maybe 2x....maybe...

so I think I did something wrong, i ask for help, for scratch disc....

I 'm not so happy with the new aquissition.

i will try dxoptics pro for a while.

• 5. Re: How to speed up 1:1 ?
                  trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Cipisound wrote:

crystal clear: in develope mode when I switch to another image ( after it was loaded 1:1) the preview is pixelated, after few second, or when I move to next is loaded completely/clear/full resolution/.

You should not use the Develop module to review images at 1:1 view. The Develop module previews are built real-time to reflect adjustment changes as they are made. Instead use the Library module, which uses pre-built 1:1 Zoom  preview files that render onscreen much more quickly.

1) Edit the desired image files in the Develop module.

2) When done select all of the image files just edited or all of the files in the folder.

3) Switch to the Library module and go to menu Library> Previews> Build 1:1 Previews. Only files with changes made to them in the Develop module will have new previews built.

4) Wait for the Preview building to complete (~5 sec. per image file).

You should now be able to review the image files at 1:1 Zoom view in the Library module with very little delay to a fully sharp preview when switching images.

• 6. Re: How to speed up 1:1 ?
                    Cipisound Level 1

God bless you!

Thank you very very much!

tested and working!