2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 11:48 AM by Sarah Orr

InDesign CC 2015 Crashes at Launch

Sarah Orr

I'm using a Windows 8.1 machine and recently installed Acrobat DC and Illustrator CC2015 with no problems. At the same time, I installed InDesign and Photoshop CC 2015 at the same time. Originally I received the message (I'm not sure which program gave off this error, it was either InDesign or Photoshop):

ERROR: DW071:

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer vcredist_x86.exe failed with exit code: -2147024546

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Temp\{8EE78465-323B-4680-A594-22541DA8EA04}\Photoshop_16_LS 20_win64\Adobe CC 2015\payloads\Microsoft VC 2012 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

So I did as instructed and downloaded vcredist_x86.exe from Microsoft.com and installed with no problems as far as I could tell, and restarted my computer. I opened Cloud to launch InDesign and Photoshop to test them, and it said there were updates, so I ran the updates for InDesign. When I tried to launch InDesign, I got the following message: Adobe InDesign CC 2015 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. It does not give an error code or any other information. I did not run the updates for Photoshop, and can open it just fine now. I uninstalled InDesign and tried to run it without updates, and it still crashes at launch, giving me the same message: Adobe InDesign CC 2015 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.