6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 2:10 PM by Nevets52

Transparent Animated GIF

Nevets52 Level 1

Where did my beloved Fireworks go? I realize the last published version was in CS6, but I have always used and loved it. Now, I can't even download that one on my new computer. Did another one of the many new app's adobe produced replace it? I just want a nice, clean, transparent GIF from my layered PSD for the web.

Help, please?

• 1. Re: Transparent Animated GIF
          KanikaS Adobe Employee

moving to Fireworks

• 2. Re: Transparent Animated GIF
            benro Level 1

If you've got Creative Cloud, you can install Fireworks via your Creative Cloud's 'Apps' tab > Find Additional Apps > Previous Version > View Previous Versions and you'll see Fireworks CS6's install button.

• 3. Re: Transparent Animated GIF
              Nevets52 Level 1

Thank you for responding. I know you're trying to help, but just telling me where to download the old, unsupported application isn't a great answer.

After weeks of frustration, I'm still fudging things to get by.  My CS6 version now ... sort of ... works. But it doesn't do transparency about half the time. And, all the time I use the export wizard it errors out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled without a change. People keep telling me to use .png files, but not all browsers (or smartphones) can read them as animations. Photoshop now does something similar, but with less control over transparency dithering so it's only half an answer.

A friend with an older OS says he still has and loves it. I'm actually sending him my files and having him export them. Adobe support says they don't support it anymore, so "of course" there could be errors. Not much of an answer.

Again, thanks for responding.

• 4. Re: Transparent Animated GIF
                Nevets52 Level 1

Thank you for responding. I know you're trying to help, but just telling me where to download the old, unsupported application isn't a great answer.

After weeks of frustration, I'm still fudging things to get by.  My CS6 version now ... sort of ... works. But it doesn't do transparency about half the time. And, all the time I use the export wizard it errors out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled without a change. People keep telling me to use .png files, but not all browsers (or smartphones) can read them as animations. Photoshop now does something similar, but with less control over transparency dithering so it's only half an answer.

A friend with an older OS says he still has and loves it. I'm actually sending him my files and having him export them. Adobe support says they don't support it anymore, so "of course" there could be errors. Not much of an answer.

Again, thanks for responding.

• 5. Re: Transparent Animated GIF
                  benro Level 1

Nevets52 wrote:

Where did my beloved Fireworks go? ... Now, I can't even download that one on my new computer.

I guess I misunderstood what you meant by this. Apologies for the not great answer.

• 6. Re: Transparent Animated GIF
                    Nevets52 Level 1

I think you understood my original question just fine. But, once I was able to download and install the CS6 version, I thought it would be a slam - dunk. That's when things went from so-so to ugly. Again, thanks for the attempt.