0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 2:06 PM by sharone72311213

How to fix dark slideshow with stroke border?

sharone72311213

When I try to play a slideshow I am working on it is black with the colored Stroke Border I added to all the images and fine light colored lines on each side of the stroke border and some images have a tall narrow sliver of image to the left of or above the  stroke border.

This is how I tried to sort out the problem:

Restart Lr.

Edit>Preferences>Performance> Use Graphics Processor is unchecked. Below this option it says, "Graphics processor acceleration disabled." I then checked the box. Now below this option it says, "Graphics processor acceleration has been disabled due to errors." I close the window with the box checked. When I try to play the slideshow there is still black and the colored Stroke Border I added to all the images and fine light colored lines on each side of the image and some images have a tall narrow sliver of image to the left of or above the  stroke border. When go back to Edit>Preferences>Performance> Use Graphics Processor is unchecked even though I previously checked it.

Restart Lr.

Edit>Preferences>Performance>click System Info and I get a pop up window with system information which doesn't tell me what I think I need to know.

Following instructions at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting I then Open Help>System Information>Graphics Processor>pop up system information window>info in middle of info window. The link info says that if the info section is white or gray there's a problem...under "Graphics Processor Info:" mine says "Check OpenGL support: failed." The next four points (Vendor, etc) have nothing following the semi-colon.

I thought this meant I need a driver or update for the graphics processor so I checked the Intel site. I learned that apparently the driver/update needs to come from the computer manufacturer because the card was part of a system, not purchased separately.

When I go to Lenovo the only info I can get is that my machine is out of warranty, which I didn't need them to tell me. The Lenovo forum is like trying to find a word in Alphabet Soup.

So I am back at square one. I don't really know what I need or what to do. I would love it to be a quick fix! Can someone please assist?

Thanks!