• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What font characteristics can be used to hide text in the compiled version?

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH HTML, x.5, generating HTML help. Project was created by importing the .hpj from a RH Word project.
In RH Word I could set a font characteristic of 'hidden'. While I could see the text in the developer mode, the text was not visible in the compiled version.
Is there anyway of doing this using RH HTML?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
um, why not use Build Tags? You can still see the text, but just make sure your Exclude Statement excludes the text from your output. I have OODLES of content in my Help systems that I have marked with an Admin Build Tag, never to be seen by anyone but me.

Am I misunderstanding the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tina

I believe the RoboHelp HTML equivalent of this is to use Comments.

Unfortunately RoboHelp HTML will show you comments if they exist but will not assist you in creating them. You will have to change the view to the raw HTML view and insert them manually.

Please see the link below for some basic information about HTML comments. To configure RoboHelp HTML to actually show you the comments, click View > Show and ensure a check mark appears next to Comments.
Click here to view the page on HTML comments

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

um, why not use Build Tags? You can still see the text, but just make sure your Exclude Statement excludes the text from your output. I have OODLES of content in my Help systems that I have marked with an Admin Build Tag, never to be seen by anyone but me.

Am I misunderstanding the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'll try the conditional build tags route - thanks much!
Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I KNEW THAT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tina,

I have only briefly used trial versions of the newer RoboHelp versions so I am not well-versed in how to do this, nor do I recall if it works in X5...

I think you need to use a conditional build. At first, this could only apply to topics (was that X5?) and then text could be tagged for conditional builds. Hopefully, someone (Rick?) more knowlegable about version differences can chime in here.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

A huge WELL DUH! for me. Sure thing. Conditionals would be the logical choice here!

And to think that's the section I'm currently working on with my new RoboHelp curriculum I'm developing!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon

Hopefully you are aware that you are able to turn off the shading via View > Show > Conditional Areas. If you have RoboHelp 7 or 8, you could even configure a toolbar button that would easily allow toggling them off and on.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, Rick. We multi-tasking women-folk will always be there to support you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'll be conditionalizing stuff to keep it hidden, be aware that the "hatching" RH uses to identify such content can render it illegible, so you'd probably need to zoom the WYSIWYG window to actually read any of it.

I use this feature for each of my partial screenshot images in installation processes for client and server, where I place a line under each, containing the image file name and its size values (e.g., client_login.gif 190 X 220). When version numbers change throughout an installation process, I follow that information as I capture the replacements. (With SnagIt, I can zero in on the exact values by using the down, left, and right keyboard arrow buttons while "holding" the bounding box that I've "drawn.") This also prevents me from forgetting to select "Reset Size" with any differences that RH won't recognize on its own.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp