2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2016 9:27 AM by angelab93643811

Video won't properly render and save in Premiere Elements 14

angelab93643811

I am on attempt 7 trying to render and save a video I edited in Premiere Elements 14. I've used the quick export option and the devices option for exporting, and every time the end result is a 16MB unreadable file. I thought the problem might be from trying to export it directly to a USB drive, so I tried rendering and saving it to my desktop. This attempt worked and I have a rendered .mp4 video file that plays back just fine, however, it won't let me copy the file to the USB drive. The error is The item can’t be copied because it is too large for the volume's format. The USB is 32GB and the video file is only 4.5GB so space shouldn't be an issue. I have the video on my desktop, beautifully edited video that I can't move anywhere else.

This video is for a class assignment (now overdue), and I am the only one who is using Premiere Elements (and the only one having an issue with their video). My professor and I transferred the raw data to his computer and had success. I took the exact same steps and did not have the same luck. Is my laptop not powerful enough for this? It is a heavily edited video from the raw footage with lots of cuts and transitions. The problem at this point is that while my professor has my edited video, it was rendered using a trial version of PE14 (with a "trial version" line down the video) because his version 11 wouldn't open my project. We need a clean, rendered version so that we can reproduce it for distribution.

I'm new to this type of software, but I didn't have any trouble with this project until the rendering and exporting part.

Any wisdom on the issue would be much appreciated.

This is what I'm working with.

MacBook Air

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB