0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2006 11:48 AM by monocledsardine

Some newbie questions for all you guys

monocledsardine
      I have been using Flash for 3 days, so I do not know all that much about ActionScript (but I do program other languages). I need to know how to create a new MovieClip object in-game. I know this sounds like it should be simple, but I can't find a way to do it.

I read that over, and it doesn't seem all that clear. What I'm trying to do is create bubbles that are created at the bottom of the screen and come up--they are created at random times. I can do everything so long as I set the bubbles there originally, but I can't figure out how to create them while the movie is going on. Do you just use the "variable = new Constructor();" method? If so, what will the "Constructor()" be? I have found ways to associate a symbol with a class in the help file, but can't seem to get it to work...

Also, I would like to ask whether the function() {statements} action actually creates a new class... I know it must, since it is creating a constructor, but then... Is any function created by "function() {}" instead of "something.event = function() {}" creating an entirely new class?

And finally... how do you delete instances of MovieClips? This seems like it should be simple too, but the only thing I could find in the help file was how to get rid of attachMovie and duplicateMovieClip created MovieClips (with removeMovieClip).

Thx for reading all that rambling. Oh, and by the way, on top of being an ActionScript newb, I also use Flash 6.0 (lol haven't gotten the time to get anything better yet--but I will get 8 as soon as possible), so if that affects answers, please change them.