1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 9:00 AM by John T Smith

Starting new build

Jay Knobbe Level 1

Due to a mobo failure I will up grade to newer hardware but I have some questions.

First, here are some basic hardware pieces I used in 2010

CoolerMaster HAF-X 932 case

Gigabyte GA-X58a

Intel I7 930

Coolermaster 1000w PSU

GEforce GTX 470

4 Samsung 1tb F3's configured in two Raid 0's

WD Black Raptor O/S

WD 3tb

WD 2tb

For cost containment purposes I will reuse the old hard drives for media storage, the case & fans & my Creative Suite 5.0 Production Premium.

Questions:

Are there any known issues using CS 5.0 with newer chipsets? Just can't swing the monthly CC fee.

It appears I can still download any CS 5.0 updates. True?

Does PP 5.0 work well with Windows 10 or should I stay with W7?

It appears power requirements have decreased since my 2010 build. Is Extreme Outer Vision the go to calculator for determining PSU size?

It appears the use of a RAID set up is not as popular/necessary as it once was with the use of newer SSD's. Is this true?

A single SSD is faster than my previous set up of F3's in a RAID 0?

Any thoughts on upgrade components for editing AVCHD, DVCAM, XDCAM under moderate economic conditions?

No 4k in the foreseeable future

Thank you for your time.

• 1. Re: Starting new build
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are there any known issues using CS 5.0 with newer chipsets? Just can't swing the monthly CC fee.

-A little outdated now, but my build works with CS5 reply #6 for my hardware list in https://forums.adobe.com/message/6536849

It appears I can still download any CS 5.0 updates. True?

-yes, Product updates

Does PP 5.0 work well with Windows 10 or should I stay with W7?

-stay with Win7... CS5 has not and WILL NOT be updated to work with Win10

It appears power requirements have decreased since my 2010 build. Is Extreme Outer Vision the go to calculator for determining PSU size?

-power requirements are, as always, based on the individual components... do NOT skimp on a power supply

For the rest, I don't use raid so can't comment

It appears the use of a RAID set up is not as popular/necessary as it once was with the use of newer SSD's. Is this true?

A single SSD is faster than my previous set up of F3's in a RAID 0?