2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 10:42 PM by wobertc

I presently am storing my photos on and external hard drive.  Lightroom 6 was not able to find the photo files momentarily.  I had inserted a USB stick after removing this external hard drive and computer renamed the stick with the same drive letter that

dadoh7

Re-designating existing external hard drives and still have LightRoom 6 able to find the existing photos.

I presently am storing my photos on and external hard drive.  Lightroom 6 was not able to find the photo files momentarily.  I had inserted a USB stick after removing this external hard drive and computer renamed the stick with the same drive letter that was designated by Lightroom for the storage of my photos.  I was able to go into my Windows 10 and reset the drive to the letter that Lightroom gave the external hard drive initially.   However, as I am aware, this may happen again, if I connect any USD stick or other device while the external hard drive is not connected to my laptop.   I have found information that says I can make the new drive designation final by choosing a letter that is 1/2 way or greater in the alphabet.   I would like to redesignate the external hard drive to a high letter, to hopefully prevent this previous problem.   My question is, if I already have many photos on this external hardrive with the current drive designation, how do I redesignate it to a higher letter and have Lightroom 6 recognized the files, now under the new drive letter designation without having to go to each photo individually and manually force Lightroom 6 to find each photo again.  This would take more time than I want to waste.  Is there a way to just get Lightroom 6 to recognize the changed new drive designation and is able to find all the existing files again?

I have read the ADOBE LightRoom 6 Manual and do not seem to be able to find anything on how to do this.

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks!