11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 2:49 PM by EvilBugQueen1

So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!

bbs22

I've worked in customer service, so I'm doing my best to keep cool. I fully understand this is not the fault of anyone who is going to read this. And I'm aware that Adobe is aware of the problem too... however...

I called about this issue three days ago now. Was told at that time they are working on the problem and that I would receive an email "in about an hour" letting me know when it would be resolved and I would be able to purchase a single image. I never got an email (because nothing's been fixed yet) and my project is now on day three of being delayed. And no, I am not interested in signing onto yet another yearly contract as a workaround (clever ploy, but no.)

I see others here have been given image credits for their trouble. Are ALL CC subscribers going to get image credits? How's this going to work? I find it difficult to believe the brilliant minds at Adobe haven't figured out a way to resolve this problem as I would assume it is a top priority - you must be losing tons of money, right? Or are you making enough on getting desperate people needing to complete their projects on time signed into a contract? Believe me I'd be happy with image credits but I'd be a lot happier if I could just download the image I need and get back to work.

• 1. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!
          EvilBugQueen1 Adobe Employee

Hello Bradley,

I'm a member of the Adobe Stock Engineering team and we are working to fix this issue and apologize for the inconvenience. I'm certain that whomever you contacted was expecting a quick fix. I've given you some free licenses for your trouble. You'll see them in the image counter at the top of the page when you next sign into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

• 2. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!
            BeaconHRA Level 1

I am now on day 5 of trying to purchase a single image (well actually 8 images in total).  Since this post is from April, I assume you already have a resolution.  Please help.  Thanks.

• 3. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!

Hi Ed,

The issue from April concerned specific customers that had existing subscriptions. What exactly are you seeing when you try to purchase? Is it an error or are you just not getting the option to purchase a single image? Please note that if you are buying 8 images the multi-image subscription plans are a better deal than purchasing the images singly.

EBQ

• 4. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!
                BeaconHRA Level 1

Any resolution other than going incognito in Google Chrome.  The incognito in Google Chrome worked for me when I was on my sister-in-laws computer.  However, there are additional images I wish to purchase.  Now that I am home from Thanksgiving break, the incognito in Google Chrome does not work from my home computer for some reason.  The single image purchase option did appear, but when I went to click on it, it "magically" changed to a subscription option. I do not want to purchase a subscription.  I would like to purchase the 8 images and move on with my life.  Thanks

• 5. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!

Hi Ed,

Next time you try to purchase a single image on the right side of the dialog that opens, above the box for the 10 image plan, you'll see a "Learn more" link. Click that link. You may see the option to purchase a single image from the page that opens. Adobe is trying out some new offers and this is likely why you are not seeing the ability to purchase a single image. Please let me know if you are still not able to purchase single images.

EBQ

• 6. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!
                    BeaconHRA Level 1

EvilBugQueen1 - it did not work and I am still unable to purchase single image.  I'll try anything at this point. I just want to purchase the 8 images for use on website and company FB page.  I want to do this the "right" way, so 1) everything is legit and no one comes looking to sue me in the future and 2) I have the best quality images for use on website and FB.  You mentioned the 10 image subscription plan.  I suppose I can look for 2 more to use and go that route, but would like to confirm that i can sign up for 10 images for 1 month and then cancel?  Please confirm.  Alternatively, I would rather just pay the $9.99 for each of the 8 images I want and call it a day (well, 5 days and counting).  Personally, I do not think it should be this hard to make a purchase.  Maybe Adobe doesn't want or need the revenue. 

• 7. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!

Hi Ed,

I'm sorry that it did not work. Are you only offered the ten image plan? I know with this test marketing some users are being offered a 2 or 3 image plan also. If you buy the any of these annual plans and cancel within the first 30 days there is no penalty. Some users on another thread have mentioned that clearing cookies and browser history may also allow you to purchase single images.

I've communicated your frustration to our product management team as well.

EBQ

• 8. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!
                        BeaconHRA Level 1

Here's what I see when I click on the shopping chart

Here's what I see when I click on "learn more"

I have now added 2 more images for a total of 10 images in my Library.  If I do the $29.99  plan, can I get the 10 images and then cancel.  Meaning I would only pay $29.99 for the 10 images?  Again, I'm just trying to do this the proper way so now issues in the future.

If I use the drop down arrow on the $29.99 / month plan (for 10 images) and change from an "Annual Plan, paid monthly" to a "Monthly Plan, the price changes to $49.99 for 10 images.  In order to do everything "right", which subscription option should I go with? 

• 9. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!

Hi Ed,

If you choose the $29.99 10 image plan you have to cancel within 30 days and your first month will be free. If you don't cancel within the 30 days you'll be on the hook for the full year. If you choose the $49.99 10 image plan you can cancel at any time. For either plan, if you don't cancel, you'll accrue 10 images a month up to 120 images. If you use stock images on a fairly regular basis the subscriptions are a good deal because images average out to less than $9.99 an image which is what you would pay if single purchase was allowed.

EBQ

• 10. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!
                            BeaconHRA Level 1

Thanks.  I appreciate the feedback.  Whether I go with the $29 or $49 plan, once paid, the images are ok to use on website and FB?  I will never have more than 500,000 followers, so if I read the fine print correctly, either plan allows me to properly license the images to use on my website and FB.  Correct? 

Knowing that I will cancel almost immediately,  is there a reason to go with one plan over the other?  I feel like I should just go with the $29 plan for 10 images.  I am not a web developer and do not have a need for long term subscription.  I might update the pictures/images on my website and FB maybe once every 3 years (if at all).

Regardless of which plan I go with, once subscription plan is paid for and I am logged into Adobe Stock, do I just go to my Library to download the high res images?  Sorry for so many questions, but I must admit that the website and purchase process, etc. are not that straightforward.

BTW, I have 2 Maine Coon kittens - Finn (black cat w/ Porter) & Rae

• 11. Re: So we're now on DAY THREE of being unable to purchase single images?!

They are cute!

You'll want to review Stock FAQ: What are Extended licenses? to know more about the uses of Extended licenses.

You can use the standard licenses as long as the images are not used in content for sale or for commercial purposes.

EBQ