1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 2, 2016 6:08 AM by Steve Werner

move bookmark target?

helenh5695667

I have created bookmarks that direct to each of about 20 images in my book document. The target is the title of the image which is below the figure itself. When I export as pdf and click on a bookmark, it puts the image title at the top of the screen which means that one has to scroll up to actually see the image. I would like to move the target to above the image, so that when one clicks on the bookmark, the image is displayed.

I can do this by deleting the current bookmarks and then recreating, manually typing in the image title as the bookmark name.  I was hoping, however, that one could just drag and drop.  No luck figuring out how to do so, however.  I've tried both selection tools, they just pick up the frame. I tried using Alt-click to select, and Ctrl-click, no luck with those either.  Nothing when I right click.

I can see what I think is the bookmark target, a funny Y symbol...

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: move bookmark target?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You'll have an easier time doing it in Acrobat.

Open the Bookmarks pane to view the bookmarks. Highlight the bookmark whose destination you want to change. Move to a different page or change your view. Then right-click on the bookmark and from the contextual menu choose Set Destination. You'll be asked to confirm the change.