6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2016 11:38 AM by djbc6

Why does the timeline keep going?

djbc6

So I've edited my movie I have an end credit but the timeline keeps going showing a black screen. BTW this is my first time using PE14.

• 1. Re: Why does the timeline keep going?
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sometimes it helps to delete the title entirely and make a new one.

• 2. Re: Why does the timeline keep going?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you say "keeps going showing a black screen" do you mean that the title plays but that the playhead keeps moving down the timeline? or do you mean that the title doesn't show at all?

These are very different issues, so it's important to be very clear on what precisely you're seeing when you do what.

• 3. Re: Why does the timeline keep going?
              djbc6 Level 1

When I say it keeps going I mean the vertical line I guess that's the playhead. I have a completed clip with audio and video and the playhead does not stop at the end of my completed clip. Here is a snip of my timeline, my clip ends at 00:08:19 why does the blue thing (playhead) keep going. The video is supposed to end at 00:08:19 but continues until 00:11:23.

timeline.PNG

• 4. Re: Why does the timeline keep going?
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is probably more clips or audio (maybe very small) after your last clip.

Click on an empty space just beyond the 'last' clip on every track you have (one by one)

If the empty space turns balck you now know there is more.

• 5. Re: Why does the timeline keep going?
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This means that you've got stray clips or frames of clips out beyond the end of your movie.

Press the \ button (above the Enter key) to show your whole movie timeline. (Don't forget to also expand your timeline so that you can see all of your video tracks.) Chances are it shows more than just your movie. Click and drag around the area beyond your movie to snag those stray frames, then press Delete to remove them. When you next press the \ key, your timeline should just show your movie and your playhead will no longer keep going beyond the end of it.

If you're new to the program, you may want to check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com. It will help you with these basics.

*** Premiere Elements Basic Training ***

• 6. Re: Why does the timeline keep going?
                    djbc6 Level 1

You were both correct and thanks there was something at the end of my audio track. When I checked again all I saw was a line. I've already checked out some of your videos Steve and will check out more of them thanks again.