7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2016 11:50 AM by ManiacJoe

Import problen in LR6.

thomast58468314

In LR6 when trying to upload photos from SD card, I can select what I want but, after I click "import,"LR tells me "there are no photos in previous import." What to do???

• 1. Re: Import problen in LR6.
          dj_paige Level 9

Perhaps you have set a filter, and so that's why. Turn off filters in Lightroom. Library->Enable Filters once or twice until you see the words Library Filters Off

• 2. Re: Import problen in LR6.
            thomast58468314 Level 1

Thank you so very much. It was kind of you to take the time to write me directly. Unfortunately, your tip hasn’t worked so far, but I’ll keep working at the problem. All the best, TKTurnbull

• 3. Re: Import problen in LR6.
              Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello,

I am not clear exactly what is happening here.

So can you please give us the details of what you are doing and the result along with any messages.

We need to know what files from what camera you are trying to import to where using which method.

Also what is your OS and is Lightroom up to date??

• 4. Re: Import problen in LR6.
                thomast58468314 Level 1

Of course, thanks for asking.

1.) My computer is a 15 inch, retina, mid 2014, Mac book Pro. It's processor is a 2.5 GHz Intel core i7. It has 16 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB graphics card. I am running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 on it.

2.) My copy of Lightroom 6 is a stand-alone copy which, therefore, has not been updatable since I purchased it a year or so ago. (I can find out exactly when if that should prove important.) (Question: could my problems possibly be resolved bullet and with hey subscription to LR CC?)

That contains:

Lightroom 6.0

Camera Raw 9.0

3.) I’ve been trying to import images from a variety of SD cards, using both the built-in card reader on my MacBook Pro and then, to check that reader’s reliability, a 10-year-old (?) Lexar USB card reader. The cards contained files generated by a variety of older cameras: a Leica X1, a Ricoh GR, a Sony RX1,a rented Sony a6000 and my recently acquired Fuji X-Pro2.

The files from the older cameras would have been from last summer and/or the summer before and were on SD cards which had been stored all jumbled together in a ziplock baggie and then shelved.) There were 12 SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Pro cards involved, 1 SanDiskUltra, 4 newish Sonys and a brand-new SanDisk UHS II Extreme Pro I for images from the new Fuji.

Lightroom failed to import images from any of these cards.

4.) My process has been to open up Lightroom at the import page of the Library module, to load an SD card, to either check all boxes or to uncheck all boxes and then select the individual images I wanted and then to hit the import button.

5.) The results have been uniformly disappointing:

“Import Results”dialog window comes up with the message:

“Some import operations were not performed.” and

“The following files were not imported because they could not be read.“ (plus # of files involved.)

6.) At which point I reached out to you for help. You suggested that I turned off all library filters.

I did so until receiving a large notice reading,” Library Filters Off.”

I then repeated my import attempt, but only had the same negative results as listed above under #5.

That's all I can think of right now. Hope it helps. Really appreciate YOUR help!

Tom

• 5. Re: Import problen in LR6.
                  thomast58468314 Level 1

PS: I forgot to say that I'm storing my processed images directly from LR6 to an external drive ~ a 2T, USB 3 drive ~ which is less than a year old. I then backup that drive to a identical external drive of the same specification.

Thanks again and all the best,

Tom

Import problen in LR6.

created by Geoff the kiwi <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Geoffthekiwi> in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8650302#8650302>

Hello,

I am not clear exactly what is happening here.

So can you please give us the details of what you are doing and the result along with any messages.

We need to know what files from what camera you are trying to import to where using which method.

Also what is your OS and is Lightroom up to date??

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8650302#8650302 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8650302#8650302

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email <mailto:discussions-community-lightroom@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com> or at Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=33 16>

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624 <https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624>.

• 6. Re: Import problen in LR6.
                    Hal P Anderson Level 6

The message that the files could not be read means (believe it or not) that they could not be written. You'll probably need to change the permissions on the destination directory to allow you to both read and write.

Even though you are running the perpetual version of Lightroom, you can still upgrade it. The current version is 6.5. Use the Updates command in the help window.

• 7. Re: Import problen in LR6.
                      ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

thomast58468314 wrote:

Of course, thanks for asking.

5.) The results have been uniformly disappointing:

“Import Results”dialog window comes up with the message:

“Some import operations were not performed.” and

“The following files were not imported because they could not be read.“ (plus # of files involved.)

The "cannot be read" message usually means that you need to correct the access rights on your destination folder to have both READ and WRITE privs for your user name.

In LR, go to the import dialog and confirm that your destination folder is what you want it to be (and spelled correctly).

Then using Finder, go to that folder and make sure you have READ and WRITE access to that folder and its parent folder.