3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2016 3:40 PM by dj_paige

One folder disappeared

caitlinp88095950

I Imported a photo session onto lightroom

i then deleted the images from the sd card to have room for another session(big mistake)

Then I imported the second session.

The next day I noticed the first session folder completely missing from Lightroom.

I Have tried to recover previews and they did not show up with the other previews.

ANy ideas?

• 1. Re: One folder disappeared
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please start with:
          Lightroom version?

OS?

How the files were imported?

From where to where?

Can you locate them on Disk where they were placed using the OS?

Can you see them when in All Photographs in the Library view???

• 2. Re: One folder disappeared
            caitlinp88095950 Level 1

hi Geoff. I have the latest version of Lightroom. I have the $10 monthly photoshop/Lightroom. I imported using a sd card in a card reader. The images are not showing up anywhere. Not on the computer at all. Whenever I import this way a folder automatically shows up labeled with the date imported.

• 3. Re: One folder disappeared
              dj_paige Level 9

Have you used your operating system's search feature to search all hard disks by file name?

Are you looking in Lightroom to try to find the photos? If so, in Lightroom's Library Module click on All Photographs on the left and then scroll up or down to see if Lightroom still knows about the photos. If that doesn't work, perhaps you have opened (accidentallY) as new catalog file; in that case try the menu command File->Open Recent and select each catalog in that list to see if you can find the one with your photos