3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 7:07 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Live paint

lauraa4481698

i really like a feature in illustrator called live paint that allows me to fill and color my vector drawings, but I can't seem to do this in Adobe draw, can someone highlight how I can do this in a vector image

• 1. Re: Live paint
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Laura.

Unfortunately there's no such feature in Adobe Draw. There are so many components of Live Paint, is there something specific you're trying to do?

Let us know. (There are probably many people on this forum familiar with both Illustrator CC and Adobe Draw.)

Sue.

• 2. Re: Live paint
            lauraa4481698 Level 1

Hi Sue

Thanks for getting back so quickly

I want to colour in quickly lots of small images that I've drawn such as Windows on a skyscraper or lots of tree or bushes. Live paint let's me just 'fill' or paint the area contained by the live trace.

The other feature I would like is the pen to be a pen or a line when exported to illustrator cc not a blob or paint brush.. Any idea when this will be delivered as a feature?

Regards

Laura

• 3. Re: Live paint
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Laura,

Got it. Thanks for the extra information. I'll pass your comments along as a feature suggestion.

About the strokes in Draw converting to a single path in Illustrator (I think that's what you mean), I don't know that it's even being planned right now. We do get a number of comments about it but I think it would entail an entire rethinking of the way Adobe Draw functions. That doesn't mean that it couldn't happen at some point... I just don't think it's being discussed at this time.

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

Sue.