1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2016 3:47 PM by jonb69875325

My books disappeared recently, and I am having trouble reloading them.

jonb69875325 Level 1

Hello,

After years of no trouble, I was recently surprised to open Adobe Digital Editions to find it empty of all my books.  I tried to open the books directly from ADE, but they would not open, so I went directly to the folder where my books are stored and opened a few from there.  The opened, but were not retained in ADE when I would open another book.  What is up?

• 1. Re: My books disappeared recently, and I am having trouble reloading them.
          jonb69875325 Level 1

Sorry.  I just noticed this question has already been answered.  As directed, 1. I closed Adobe Digital Editions. 2. I changed the name of the My Digital Editions folder (in my documents folder) to My Digital Editions.old.  3. I opened Adobe Digital Editions and selected "Library" in the upper left-hand corner and then selected "Add Item to Library."  4. Then I opened the My Digital Editions.old folder and opened a book.  5. I repeated this until all the books were loaded into ADE.  Note that you will now have an Adobe Digital Editions and an Adobe Digital Editions.old folder.  I assume this means that any new books I purchase with go into the Adobe Digital Editions folder, but I don't really know.