4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2016 7:41 PM by Bo LeBeau

DL Card size

lenab21397712

Hi guys, I am hoping you can help. I don't usually work with Indesign and need some help. I am working on a DL Card and the printers constantly reject my artwork saying it is not the right size. This is what they say:

the specs need to be 99 x 210mm (+ add 2mm bleed & 5mm margins each side). Therefore the total size of PDF should be: 103 x 214mm (incl. bleed).

i thought I hscreenshot.PNGave done this correctly in the document setup bit, but the size still seems to be incorrect. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please?

• 1. Re: DL Card size
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Are you including the bleed in the PDF export?

• 2. Re: DL Card size
            lenab21397712 Level 1

Yes, I am ticking the use document bleed settings which is set to 2mm

• 3. Re: DL Card size
              Ellis home Level 4

What size does it show in Acrobat? You can see the size with Preferences>Page Display>Always show document page size.

• 4. Re: DL Card size
                Bo LeBeau Level 4

When you export to PDF are you using any printers marks?

Printer marks will cause the PDF to be larger than 103x214mm.

In any case, you should get rid of the frame at the edge of the card.

They cannot accurately cut the cards to such exact tolerances.

This is the whole reason for bleeds in the first place

Each sheet goes through the press or printer slightly offset and the bleed and margins (safe area) are necessary to cut a stack of cardstock (or any other media).

Even if you move the frame inside the edge of the card, it will be very obvious because the frame cannot be exactly centered on each card.

You should however, make sure your textured background extends to fill the bleed area.