8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2009 12:37 PM by Margaret Becker

Cross-platform Help: Which?

Margaret Becker Level 1
      Our product is being ported to the Mac OS. I want advice on which Help platform will work best for publication on the Internet. I need it to work for Windows XP, Vista, Mac OS X, IE, Firefox, and Safari. So far I have found problems with all browsers including IE.

WebHelp:
      Safari/Chrome: Navigation panel is empty, popups appear in separate windows, links inside a popup window do not return you to the main page.
      All other browsers: Links inside popups return to main page, but navigation panel does not display.

FlashHelp:
      Safari/Chrome: Links inside a popup window do not return you to the main page, but display the topic in the popup window.
      All browsers: Links inside popups return to main page, but navigation panel does not display.

Is there a way around these problems, or do I have to eliminate popups?

In addition, I am seeing display problems with our localized versions of WebHelp when run from a Mac using Safari. The navigation panel is totally garbage. The English version works fine, but the German, French, Spanish, etc. versions do not. Example: www.de.rhino3d.com/4/help/rhinov4.htm.