1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 9:12 AM by ms_baker

Batch PDF processing - crashes on save

adobe1@doingmore.co.uk

Hi Folks

I'm not sure if anybody can help me, but thought I'd give it a try!

I'm running Adobe Acrobat DC (CC latest version) on a beefed up Windows 10 Dell PC.

I've written an action to reduce file size and save a batch of PDF's by pointing it at a specific folder (basically, I'm reducing a folder full of print quality PDF's to web quality).

I took a folder of sample PDF's and ran the action, everything worked fine. The files were processed quickly, originals overwritten and file sizes significantly reduced.

I then tried to run the action on a batch of live print files (a directory containing 30 PDF's totalling 1.57 Gb).

It processes the first PDF in the folder, but when it gets to 'saving file' I get the following error:

"This document was successfully saved, but an error occured after saving the document. Please close and reopen the document."

Acrobat then locks up and I'm forced to End Task and start again.

It seems to work fine if I select only one PDF, but crashes when I try processing more than one file.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Chris

• 1. Re: Batch PDF processing - crashes on save
          ms_baker Adobe Community Professional

Hi -

Have you checked your virtual memory allocation? Here are the steps involved to change your VM:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
          2. In the left pane, click  Advanced system settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
          3. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
          4. Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.
          5. Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
          6. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
          7. Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.

Changing the virtual memory may or may not work, but it's worth a try. I'm sure if you processed the files individually, you'd have no problem with the conversion.

You mentioned that your folder contains 'live print files', but I don't know what that means, so I can't speak to that part of your conversion issue.

donna.