4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 10:32 AM by powetri

the #{attachTo=""} rule ....

powetri Level 1

What is the additional value or advantage of adding the #{attachTo=""} rule in the dangle section ?

• 1. Re: the #{attachTo=""} rule ....
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

This was a (rather hidden and complex) way to attach independent things to each other. So in the example project (http://adobe.ly/1OB0VQ6), Aurora's scarf and Gene's drawstrings have this so they can each have their own dangle physics without affecting the rest of the body - otherwise you can run into unintended warping issues. In the next update you will be able to do this attaching within CH itself, along with several options of how strict/loose you want that attachment to be.

• 2. Re: the #{attachTo=""} rule ....
            powetri Level 1

Ok great ! sounds interesting. Would it also include 2 attachment points  with  the physics between them , like e.g.  a dog on a lease effect in the future ?

I want  to animate a bird with a long neck that is curved  most of the time but sometimes needs a sudden stretch, for now aim to fire it from a loop with a keyboard trigger.

By the way : The visemes autorecord from existing audio also work great in Dutch, French and German !  I'm only in CH for about week now. It is stunning amazing !  Can't stop.

• 3. Re: the #{attachTo=""} rule ....
              oksamurai Employee Moderator

We would love to include more complex physics systems in the future. For now, it's constrained to an individual puppet. I haven't seen anything like the dog on the leash example, but you can probably achieve a similar (more manual) effect if you include more "draggable" points - you could have draggers on the string to manipulate it as you want.

• 4. Re: the #{attachTo=""} rule ....
                powetri Level 1

Thanks

BTW Here's a brief example in cinema 4D

Dog on Leash - Cinema 4D tutorials - YouTube for inspiration

i used something similar here NewYear 2016 - YouTube