0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 8:24 AM by ssssssser4e4e3e45r

After Effects CC 2015 Instantly Crashing Windows 10 (Domain environment)

ssssssser4e4e3e45r

Hi,

After Effects CC 2015 is continually crashing upon start up on a users account within a domain environment. It half loads then crashes - doesn't let you click anything within it so I'm unable to review settings.

It works fine as a local user (non domain user), and it usually works on first run of a domain user then after that it continually crashes. Premiere has been having similar issues but After Effects won't even open.

Event viewer log below

The program AfterFX.exe version 13.7.1.6 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 15c4

Start Time: 01d18e80cfff9b18

Termination Time: 106

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\AfterFX.exe

Report Id: 4c7b8ca8-fa74-11e5-b4e5-305a3a04db64

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Interestingly CC 2014 works without any problems. This is a new machine and After Effects CC 2015 appears to work fine on the new machine.

I've tried -

Installing latest standard drivers from Nvidia

Installing latest CUDA drivers from Nvidia

Reinstalling the application

Renaming renaming the Adobe folders under C:\Users\User\AppData\

Ensuring user has read/write permissions on the above directory

As mentioned, testing on a LOCAL account works fine, it's just the domain account that has issues.

It's not trying to load anything from a network share when it crashes (so its not waiting to pull down a large network file)

i7-6700k

32GB DDR4 RAM

Nvidia GTX980

Windows 10

Has anyone got any ideas?