2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 1:28 AM by 1ndivisible

Is Printing Broken In Lightroom Or Is My Workflow Off?

1ndivisible Level 1

The only way I can get correct output in Lightroom (printing to a  Canon Pixma Pro 100 from a Mac running 10.10.5), is to use the Printer … button at the bottom of the print dialogue, where I have to re-select the paper profile that I have already selected in Lightroom and Print from within the print dialogue.

However if I hit the Print … button directly from Lightroom, my prints have a heavy colour-cast which makes me think that they are being colour managed by both Lightroom and the Canon Driver.

What am I doing wrong?

I would assume I should be able to print directly from Lightroom using the Print … button.

Note: I have properly calibrated monitors and I'm printing a test image which I have used with other printers.

• 1. Re: Is Printing Broken In Lightroom Or Is My Workflow Off?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you using a custom paper preset?  I think paper presets also save the printer settings at the time the preset was made, which might not match the current driver.   In other words, if you are selecting a saved print/paper preset then just clicking Print… things might be wrong.  You may need to recreate your preset after using Printer… once and set the correct paper profile.

Or are you saying that even if you select the correct paper profile in Printer…, if you do a Print… right away, afterwards, without changing anything, that you get a color cast?

• 2. Re: Is Printing Broken In Lightroom Or Is My Workflow Off?
            1ndivisible Level 1

Thanks for repying. I'm using a paper profile - Canon Pro 100S <LU> 3 Photo Paper Pro Lustre - supplied by Canon (I haven't edited or changed it in any way).

If I select the right paper profile in Printer … and print from the Print button within that dialogue it prints successfully. If I select the right paper profile and Cancel back to Lightroom and print using Lightroom's Print … button, then the print has a massive colour cast.

Lightroom settings:

3.jpg

Print Dialogue settings

1.jpg

2.jpg

Example of difference in print (bottom is correct - shot under Daylight bulb) :

0.jpeg