6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 1:25 AM by Shady66

Issues with zoomed view

Shady66

Hi,

what made resolution like this? I want a normal view. can anyone help?

thank you.

• 1. Re: PLEASE HELP
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Your zoom is 400%.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: PLEASE HELP
            Shady66 Level 1

but if I don't zoom, this is how it looks. I'm brand new at this, you would have noticed )

thank you for your reply.

• 3. Re: PLEASE HELP
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, your comp is 100 by 100 pixels, so I'm not sure what you expect. It seems to me you assume that AE would function like Illustrator, which isn't the case. Even vector elements are always rasterized to the fixed pixel size of the comp. If you need better resolution, make your comp bigger.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Issues with zoomed view
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You should be creating comps using one of the standard presets when you open AE. I would suggest HDTV 1080 at 29.97 for most work. You should set the comp panel resolution to Auto to help with previews. Also, fine lines that are 1 or 2 pixels wide just don't work very well with video. Everything in video is built upon a pixel grid and you must line things up with that grid precisely to get nice crisp lines. That means paying special attention to elements that have fine lines or high amounts of detail.

If you are just getting started with AE take some time to go through the trainmen materials on the After Effects Product page. You are going to be completely frustrated if you don't because video follows very specific rules and you have to understand video formats, compression and color space to be successful. AE's interface is incredibly deep and complex and poking around blindly inside the UI is also going to lead to nothing but frustration. Please Start Here: Basic AE

• 5. Re: Issues with zoomed view
                  Shady66 Level 1

thank you very much!

• 6. Re: PLEASE HELP
                    Shady66 Level 1

Thank you