2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 10:38 AM by oksamurai

Why does breathing move the chest way to the top left, but leaves the head far behind?

som3rsault

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-05 um 15.10.24.png

When i uncheck warp independently for both head and body i see this:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-05 um 16.15.16.png

• 1. Re: Why does breathing move the chest way to the top left, but leaves the head far behind?
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

What, random decapitation isn't the effect you want?

Could you post your PSD or AI file here (a Dropbox, Google Drive, Creative Cloud / etc link) so we can take a closer look? Or send it to me at werner at adobe dot com. Thanks!

It may be a few things - an origin issue (not knowing where to anchor each part), a parameter issue (breathing or face params set too high), or an organization / naming issue (breathe affecting things it shouldn't).

• 2. Re: Why does breathing move the chest way to the top left, but leaves the head far behind?
            oksamurai Employee Moderator

Just to follow up on this - Thomas sent me the file and I noticed a couple of things:

• Breathe was on a group instead of a handle. The breathe behavior was looking for a “chest” handle, which is usually better to separate out so you can see where the point of breathing starts. I changed the "chest" group in the PSD to be called torso, added a new handle in CH (little circle icon in the puppet panel toolbar), pressed enter to edit the name, and called it chest in the CH project.
            • I added a + to the top level puppet group (in this case, "+Manni"). We recommend this because if you do any transform operations (scale, X/Y position, etc) - you’re moving the whole character, and if it’s not warp independent you can run into weird issues there. I think this was the main culprit behind the decapitation.

Hopefully that helps some others as well!

manni.gif