What, random decapitation isn't the effect you want?
Could you post your PSD or AI file here (a Dropbox, Google Drive, Creative Cloud / etc link) so we can take a closer look? Or send it to me at werner at adobe dot com. Thanks!
It may be a few things - an origin issue (not knowing where to anchor each part), a parameter issue (breathing or face params set too high), or an organization / naming issue (breathe affecting things it shouldn't).
Just to follow up on this - Thomas sent me the file and I noticed a couple of things:
- Breathe was on a group instead of a handle. The breathe behavior was looking for a “chest” handle, which is usually better to separate out so you can see where the point of breathing starts. I changed the "chest" group in the PSD to be called torso, added a new handle in CH (little circle icon in the puppet panel toolbar), pressed enter to edit the name, and called it chest in the CH project.
- I added a + to the top level puppet group (in this case, "+Manni"). We recommend this because if you do any transform operations (scale, X/Y position, etc) - you’re moving the whole character, and if it’s not warp independent you can run into weird issues there. I think this was the main culprit behind the decapitation.
Hopefully that helps some others as well!