2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 11:36 AM by gregpapuga1

Modeling Forms (Inputs, Selects, etc) - Usability Testing?

gregpapuga1

Hello

I work on a User Experience team for a large corporation. Our group designs web applications & sites for internal employee use as well as external customer use. Many of these web applications / sites make use of HTML forms (inputs, selects, conditional questions, etc..) While our group does not do the actual coding (we hand off our designs as part of a larger project documentation artifact for business approval & developers/testers to reference), we do perform a lot of usability testing to verify our designs early in the project lifecycle (in both Agile and Waterfall).

I am extremely intrigued by the new Adobe Experience Design tool, and have been watching your updates since you first announced it. If it ultimately meets our needs, I will be recommending we switch to it as one of our primary UI modeling tool. (We currently use tools similar to Axure, Balsamiq, and iRise). Right now though I'm only seeing basic prototyping abilities, and I'm hoping you will be adding additional more in depth abilities in the future.

Upon watching some of the how to videos, I am only seeing the ability to prototype simple button clicks that take a user to a different screen. While I think this is great from a simple walk through standpoint to verify end to end flows, I am not seeing any ability to simulate/prototype form interaction or selection / input field typing (physically allowing someone to type into the prototype when in simulation/prototype mode). I am curious if this feature will be available down the road. Again, my question is related to Usability testing of prototypes (created without having to code - which the current products I listed above allow) as well as giving in depth interactive prototypes for project artifact purposes for stakeholder, developer, tester review)

What I would like to see is the ability to model form interaction, as well as show / hide of elements on the screen. I'm not interested in it pulling data from a database, I know that is not the goal of this product (we currently model with fake data and fake the database interaction with on screen show/hide features in our current modeling tool). As far as the rest of the tool, I think you are on the right track.

Again, I think this product is off to a great start, and I have extremely high hope for it, but right now I would struggle with making the argument to bring it into our current tool suite (at an enterprise level), given the items I listed above. On a personal level though, I would absolutely use it for side jobs where I don't need to do as much of the stuff I listed above.

Thank you!