6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2006 1:28 PM by fjGrothe

Flash 8 crashes on startup

Ok, I'm pulling my hair out here. I downloaded and installed Studio 8 Pro. (Upgrading from MX'04). Everything in the suite works ok, except Flash. When Flash goes to load it gets to "loading fonts" and inevitably crashes. Any suggestions. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, blah..blah...blah

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Flash 8 crashes on startup
          Level 7
          sounds like a corrupt font - please be more specific when posting about flash crashing - you never
          mention what platform/OS system specs you are on.
          Sound like a Mac though and I suspect a corrupt font or 2 or 3...

--> Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
          --> www.mudbubble.com :: www.keyframer.com
          --> http://flashmx2004.com/forums/index.php?
          --> http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flash/articles/animation_guide.html
          --> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*flash*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

keclapp wrote:
          > Ok, I'm pulling my hair out here. I downloaded and installed Studio 8 Pro.
          > (Upgrading from MX'04). Everything in the suite works ok, except Flash. When
          > Flash goes to load it gets to "loading fonts" and inevitably crashes. Any
          > suggestions. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, blah..blah...blah
          >
          > Thanks in advance
          >
          • 2. Re: Flash 8 crashes on startup
            Level 1
            My bad for not giving more details.

Actually I'm running XP Home. Not a corrupt font, even installed (and paid for) a new font manager so I can be sure. After posting this thread, I found some other similar (of course - I had only been looking for an hour ).

The problem seems to be quicktime. I uninstalled qt and itunes from the machine and flash booted right up. I personally use QT alot, so I hope this bug can be worked out soon.

• 3. Re: Flash 8 crashes on startup
              Level 7
              wow - thanks for the update - I gotta say, I have the latest version of QT and itunes and it was
              installed after Flash 8 - but this version of QT is so much more unstable than all previous
              versions. It hangs a lot and my entire system become sluggish when trying to play a quicktime.

keclapp wrote:
              > My bad for not giving more details.
              >
              > Actually I'm running XP Home. Not a corrupt font, even installed (and paid
              > for) a new font manager so I can be sure. After posting this thread, I found
              > some other similar (of course - I had only been looking for an hour ).
              >
              > The problem seems to be quicktime. I uninstalled qt and itunes from the
              > machine and flash booted right up. I personally use QT alot, so I hope this bug
              > can be worked out soon.
              >
              >
              >
              • 4. Re: Flash 8 crashes on startup
                Kaira1
                I've had the same problem. Everytime I think I'm "safe," I click again and boom--crash, die, gone in a flash (bu-du-dump). I've spent hours uninstalling, reinstalling, and re-doing my work because it's also corrupted my file (MX or 8)! Before crashing when opening the file, it tells me the computer "can't find" it. Huh???

I'm so fed up. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling QT now. If that doesn't work, I give up.

By chance, anyone else using Mozilla? I had just started using it and downloaded the QT and Flash readers for it... A possible connection folks?

K
                • 5. Re: Flash 8 crashes on startup
                  Kaira1 Level 1
                  I've had the same problem. Everytime I think I'm "safe," I click again and boom--crash, die, gone in a flash (bu-du-dump). I've spent hours uninstalling, reinstalling, and re-doing my work because it's also corrupted my file (MX or 8)! Before crashing when opening the file, it tells me the computer "can't find" it. Huh???

I'm so fed up. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling QT now. If that doesn't work, I give up.

By chance, anyone else using Mozilla? I had just started using it and downloaded the QT and Flash readers for it... A possible connection folks?

K
                  • 6. Re: Flash 8 crashes on startup
                    fjGrothe

Well first, I'm very glad I'm not the only one with this problem! However, I seem to have taken it a step farther! I tried to install QT 7 to listen to a radio station (WMP 11 doesn't have radio now...rrr) anyway, It has screwed up all my flash and QT abilities in both MS Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. And to be that I can't unistall QT because a file is missing, and therefore I can't install another one! Anyway Someone please help us! I really need my computer back! BTW - I'm running Media Centre PC.