Hallo. I run RH7.03.001 under Windows XP, make CHM files, not
on a network.
I have just cleaned up some image files in my project;
replacing spaces in filenames by underscores and replacing BMP
files by PNGs. Reviewing the results I noticed that three (of the
two dozen) topics edited had picked up an extra line at the
beginning and end of the topic. The line contains 2-6
chinese-looking characters alternated with open boxes.
I viewed the HTML and in each case it is one line between the
<body> tag and the first <h1> tag; and one line after
the last </p> tag and before the terminal </body>
I deleted the offending lines and regenerated the CHM; a
quick check shows no strange characters; but I do not know how to
search exhaustively. (I made copies of the *.htm files before
editing, just in case.)