2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 7:37 AM by mtaflyfisher

Why do I have reoccurring metadata conflicts?

mtaflyfisher

I keep having reoccurring metadata conflicts with random photos. I am not editing or using the photos or files outside of Lightroom in anyway to my knowledge. I can't seem to find an operation that I am doing that connects the files that get metadata conflicts. How can I stop this or find out what is editing the metadata outside of Lightroom?

• 1. Re: Why do I have reoccurring metadata conflicts?
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

While it was more common in older versions of LR, there continue to be occasional reports of spurious metadata conflicts.  In general, if you are sure that you aren't modifying the file outside of LR, you can ignore these conflicts.  Some have reported that setting the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP reduces or eliminates the conflicts.  

• 2. Re: Why do I have reoccurring metadata conflicts?
            mtaflyfisher Level 1

Thanks John. So its just a random glitch and I won't or haven't been overwriting changes that should be? I do currently have the Automatically write changes to XMP selected but still seems to be a somewhat regular occurrence. I can't figure out what the common thread is on what images end up with a conflict. Very annoying... Thanks for the thoughts.