When that happens to me it is usually because I'm in a collection of some sort rather than a folder. If I right click on the original in LR and "Go to Folder in Library" the new psd is usually there. It then can be added to the collection.
However, if you are "saving as" instead of "saving" you may be causing your own problem. Depending on what file type you are starting with, when you "Edit in Photoshop", LR can be making the PSD copy. If it does, it records it in the catalog. If you do Photoshop work on it and save it, it is still in the catalog. If you save it as something else, LR can't know that. The solution is to be in the Library module, select the folder, right click and "Synchronize Folder". LR will then know that you "Saved as" something new.
Oh, I figured it out.
Lightroom created a separate folder for the photoshop edits. That is, ummm, not helpful. And new. And entirely annoying.
So, I have this folder structure:
Now, I have this;
Person 3 (this is where LIghtroom has decided to stick the edited Photoshop files...WHY???)
I'm starting to hate Lightroom.
Nope, not in a collection.
And, nope. I *always* save as psd and Lightroom reimports into the original folder. Not anymore. See my other reply. Seriously, I've been using this program this way for years and never run into this until now.
Oh, and it gets even better. If I remove the rogue folder, and then reimport the files into the original folder, it recreates the rogue folder for just the two psd files that I edited today. WTactualF.
And it gets better. Tried the "capitals" fix, that just put the main folder now completely outside the parent folder, and still the psds are not importing.
I feel this catalog is kaput, and needs to be completely redone from scratch.
I officially hate Lightroom, you're about as useful as iTunes now. Thanks for nothing.
I don't know what version of Lightroom you have, but mine does not make folders, let alone rogue filters, unless I make it make them. I don't think I can help you. Maybe someone else can.
Yeah, I've done some searching, this is a known issue with Lightroom when capitalization changes occur and Lightroom is unable to cope.;
That wasn't the case in this instance. I had to create a whole new catalog and re-import everything. I wrote all the metadata, but of course, Adobe doesn't include things like virtual copies or cropping in the metadata.
So, I've lost a lot of work.
It just means I'll stop relying on Lightroom as a professional tool.