• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn't adobe digital editions compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions on my MacBook pro thinking I would be able to use it to transfer books for review to my Nook, but no, Adobe Digital Editions is not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook.  Why is that? Yeah, I can download the kindle app from the app store, but I would much rather be able to read the books I receive for review in ePub format.  So my question is, why isn't Adobe Digital Editions compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook 7.0?  I think it's ridiculous.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The list of devices on which Adobe Digital Editions is supported is available here - Adobe Experience Manager Mobile‌‌

Support for additional devices is added from time to time, however, at the moment, we do not see Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook being on the supported list.

Regards,

Sharad

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't answer my question as to why it isn't supported. It's a popular device. You should really add support for it sooner rather than later. And add more options for customer support regarding digital editions such as live chat and email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

We will take this as an enhancement request and see if this could be included in one of the future releases.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the device not supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It may not be possible for us to share the exact reason why it is not supported since adding support for a device to a product has dependencies on multiple factors like the target device's configuration, compatibility with its OS, feasibility of changes required to make it compatible without impacting performance, compatibility with previous versions of same or other similar devices and numerous other factors.

Having said this, we keep on adding support for additional devices which are popular while at the same time trying to ensure that our users are able to use it without issues.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines