3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2006 9:05 PM by DJ_Sick_Nick

Make a loading bar??

DJ_Sick_Nick
      I've been told before about how to make a loading bar, but It's not quite right. So how do I make a loading bar that actualy works ? Thanks in advanced.
        • 1. Re: Make a loading bar??
          chess4thestupid
          Here is a great cheat for a quick and easy loading bar.

Leave 10 frames extra at the begining of the main timeline...

On one layer place all of the content for you site OFF OF THE STAGE and stagger it amungst the 10 extra frames.. just try and divide it up reasonably

Now create another layer with your loading bar and do a motion tween on it over the same ten frames.

Flash will not progress forward until the frames are loaded... and as your content loads your 10 frame tween of the loading bar will advance..

Hope this makes sense..
          • 2. Re: Make a loading bar??
            shyaway
            whether you use _framesLoaded or getBytesLoaded, you can then use that to simulate the load bar based on the percent.
            all you need to do is resize your load bar using _width

say, your movie is 40% loaded, then the length of the bar is my_mc._width = 40;

feel free to improvise.
            • 3. Re: Make a loading bar??
              DJ_Sick_Nick Level 1
              I'd rather prefer to use the harder, but less sloppy way, than to use a complicated cheat you're givig me. And actually, I still dont understand your first suggestion. Thanks for you help.