9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2016 4:10 AM by iestynx

AE - Preview does not update until timeline selected

lukepvsh

This is an odd thing that doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's slowing my editing down a ton.

When i'm changing anything to any layer in AE, it won't update the preview until i click the timeline. Like, I'll do any sort of keyframe work or anything, and the preview just won't update until i click on the working timeline. It's odd, i've been working with After Effects for a few years on various machines, this specific one for over a year, and this has slowly become more and more common to where it's a constant thing now. I've tried lowering the preview quality down to even a quarter, that doesn't work. Tried fast drive, adaptive resolution, neither worked.

MY MACHINE INFO:

Mac Pro (late 2013)

El Capitan

3.7 ghz quad core

64 gb ram

AMD Firepro D300

250 gb internal SSD

DISPLAY: Dell 27" 3840x2160 and Dell 24" 1080p (keep in mind, i've changed the resolution down to 1080p and that didn't fix it)

AE INFO:

Version 13.7.1.6

PROJECT INFO:

Complete animation project with puppet tools on AI files. All characters are 1500x1500 within a 1080p 23.987fps project. (keep in mind, it even does this when i only have 1 character on the screen when i used to have 10-15 and it would perform fine. Slow, but fine)

I don't claim to be an expert, i'm sure there are things i'm doing wrong, but usually i can fix things or find answers, but I can't find the answer for this. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

- Luke